Diagnostic Green’s Indocyanine Green (ICG) is the leading
fluorescence product trusted by physicians,
to guide their treatment procedures, based on fluorescence.
Binds to Plasma
proteins & quickly
be imaged in
Removed by the liver
& eliminated in
ICG pharmaceutical diagnostic, known in a number of territories as VERDYE™, is well known and accepted by surgeons worldwide (over 11,000 published articles on use and applications)*
- Well tolerated**
- Excellent safety profile***
- Cleared exclusively through the liver
- Half-life of 3-4 minutes
- Rapidly bound to plasma protein
- Undergoes no significant extrahepatic or enterohepatic circulation
- Secreted entirely into the bile
- Chemical Description: Tricarbocyanine Dye
- Appearance: Green powder (lyophilisate)
- Empirical Formula: C43H47N2NaO6S2
How it Works
- ICG is reconstituted and injected
- Through the use of a camera system, such as IC-Flow™ Imaging System, a near-infrared light is exhibited
- The light source excites the ICG molecules in the patient
- The ICG emits fluorescence
- Fluorescent light of ICG is detected by the camera filters
- Images are displayed on imaging system monitor
How it’s Supplied
Active Substance: Indocyanine Green.
- Package configuration: ICG Pharmaceutical Product is available in pack of 5 vials
- Drug Content: Vials are available in 25 mg and 50 mg of lyophilized green powder, depending on territory (for full listing of available forms by territory, Click Here
Conditions of use
- ICG Pharmaceutical Product is dissolved in water for injection and injected intravenously
- ICG Pharmaceutical Product should be kept away from light and used immediately after it is reconstituted
- Sterile product, intended for a single use only
- Dosage depends on the indication and weight of the patient
- Refer to PIL for storage
Warnings and Precautions
Do not use ICG Product if:
- you are allergic to indocyanine green, sodium iodide or iodine
- you suffer from an over-active thyroid or from tumours of the thyroid
- you have ever had any side effects after receiving these injections.
Take special care with ICG Pharmaceutical Product if:
you suffer from kidney failure. Consult your doctor to see whether this medicine is suitable for you.
you need to have a test called “radio-active iodine uptake”, a test which assesses how well your thyroid gland functions. This test should be delayed for at least a week after you have received the ICG Pharmaceutical Product, because the injection could affect the outcome of the thyroid test.
you are taking any drugs, refer to the Product Information Leaflet for a list of drugs affected by ICG Pharmaceutical Product.
VERDYE™ 25 mg/50 mg. Active substance: indocyanine green, monosodium salt. Composition: 25 mg /50 mg powder for producing an injectable solution; 1 ml of the injectable solution contains 5 mg of the active substance. Other ingredients: none. Indications: diagnostic drug which is used to determine the effectiveness of the blood supply to the heart, brain and other organs and to one of the inner layers of the eye (choroid), as well as for monitoring the circulation of blood and determining liver function. Contraindications: hypersensitivity (allergy) to indocyanine green, sodium iodide or iodine; overactive thyroid or discrete benign thyroid tumours or if parts of your thyroid are no longer under hormonal influence. Do not use if you have ever had any side effects after receiving an ICG injection (risk of anaphylactic reaction). No use in premature babies and new-borns suffering from hyperbilirubinaemia. Side-effects: very rare (<1 in 10,000): nausea and hypersensitivity reactions (allergies); the possibility of an allergic reaction is greater in patients with extremely serious kidney failure. Possible symptoms: restlessness, hot flushes, nausea, itching, hives (skin rash), faster heartbeat, facial redness, swelling of the face (facial oedema), drop in blood pressure, shortness of breath, spasms of the bronchia and larynx, cardiac/circulatory arrest, death. Associated with the allergic reaction an increase of special white blood cells can occur. Prescription only. Diagnostic Green GmbH, Aschheim-Dornach, Germany, April, 2019.